Short-term missions are an exciting opportunity to do and see God's work in different places.
A short-term mission team member is an ambassador not just for our church but for Christ.
The following information is pertinent to your participation in Church of Southland's short term missions.
Requirements for applying
A short-term mission applicant must be a member of the Church of Southland. A member of Southland is defined as actively meeting the following requirements:
- Regular attendance of Sunday worship for at least a year
- Regular attendance of cell group
- Regular tithing
- Have attended the Experience God discipleship course in completion
- Have attended an Encounter retreat
Applicants must also provide two (2) references, provided in the application.
*If you are a college student, only member requirements #1-4 along with a reference from your college pastor are required.
To help prepare their minds and hearts, members are expected to participate in the following:
- 4 Mandatory Saturday Trainings
- Large Group Activities
- Short-term teams are expected to attend these activities together:
- Weekly team trainings
- Friday Night Worship
*NOTE: if you cannot attend any of the listed activities, absences will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please speak to someone from the missions committee.
Short Term Trips for 2022 (subject to change)
- Hai Phong, Vietnam - December 26 to January 2